Good-Looking Breast Augmentation Results
Northern Virginia, Maryland & Washington, DC
The Austin-Weston Center for Cosmetic Surgery located in Reston, Virginia, specializes in breast enhancement surgery, including breast implants, breast augmentation, breast lifts and breast reductions for Northern Virginia, Maryland & Washington, DC.
The first thing to think about when considering breast augmentation is your desired look. Do you want breasts that attract attention or breasts that look subtle, natural, and proportionate? Finding pictures of women whose breasts you find attractive and bringing them to your initial consultation may help give us an idea of what you hope to achieve, but the best way to tell what size implant is best for you is to try different sizes on under a bra.
At The Austin-Weston Center, we have 100 styles and sizes of implants to work with. Bringing in clothes you want to wear after your surgery can also be helpful. From there, our surgeons will assess your frame and, taking your desires into account, help customize an option that will provide you with the breast augmentation results you are looking for.
Elements of Attractive Breasts
What makes good-looking breast augmentation results depends on a number of factors. Some of these include:
- Proportion of breast size to features like chest, shoulders, waist, and hips
- Position of breasts vertically on the chest--if your breasts are currently too low, you may need a breast lift to achieve the results you desire
- Spacing of the breasts horizontally: how close they are to one another and the extent to which they curve over the side of the chest
It is likely you have an intuitive sense of all these aspects of breast attractiveness and can describe them during a consultation, but if not, pictures can be of great help. For more information on how to talk about the appearance you desire, see our page on breast implants and breast shape. If you do not have any that you want to bring in, we can look at before and after images of women with body proportions similar to yours.
Breast Augmentation Options
Some women want a look that is hardly noticeable while others want something more pronounced. Having an idea of your personal goals will assist our surgeons in suggesting what options will help you reach your goals. Things taken into account during your consultation will include:
- Breast augmentation incision options – to provide the least visible scarring and control over cleavage, our surgeons will need to know your clothing and lifestyle preferences
- Breast implant shape – your look can range from natural to enhanced depending on the size and shape implant you choose. Working within the framework you provide, our surgeons can help you determine what will most suit your frame
- Breast implant type – silicone implants and saline implants provide different looks. Our surgeons will listen to your desires and consider the pictures you have brought in to help determine what type of implant will give you the look you find most attractive
- Breast implant placement options – subglandular or submuscular implant placement will be a determining factor in the final aesthetics of your breast augmentation
Breast augmentation is an art, and finding the most ideal solution for the natural contours of your frame can only be done through a one on one meeting with one of our surgeons.
If you live in or around Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax, Reston, and Richmond, Virginia, Annapolis, Baltimore, Bethesda, and Columbia, Maryland, or Washington DC and are interested in learning more about appealing breast augmentation results, please contact the experienced cosmetic surgeons at The Austin-Weston Center for Cosmetic Surgery to schedule a consultation today.